P. B. Johnson, editor of the Walla Walla Union newspaper, Walla Walla, Washington, ca. 1889
The Maxwell studio in Walla Walla, Washington was operated by brothers, Charles Thomas and Joseph D. Maxwell. Joseph D. Maxwell first opened the studio in 1875, and was joined by Charles D. in 1878. The brothers opened two more studios, one in Spokane Falls in 1884 and another in Dayton, Washington. All three galleries operated until about 1900.
Scanned from a photographic print using a Microtek Scanmaker 9800XL at 100-150 dpi in JPEG format at compression rate 3 and resized to 768x600 ppi. 2007
Mounted on cabinet card : 4 1/4 x 6 1/2 in.