Plan von der Attague auf Mud Eiland = [Plan of the attack on Mud Island]
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Map showing Fort Mifflin, Pennsylvania (located on Mud Island, Philadelphia) and Hessian plan of attack on American forces at the fort during October and November 1777. (Full caption available at http://library.bloomu.edu/Archives/Maps/maplist.htm ) Published in a 1979 English language translation of the diary of a Hessian officer (Ewald, Johann von. Diary of the American War : a Hessian Journal / translated and edited by Joseph P. Tustin. New Haven : Yale University Press, 1979, p. 107) from a 1791 transcription of notes and sketches found in the original diary (Tagebuch von dem Amerikanischen Kriege). The original map includes the page number on which it occurs in the 1791 transcription.
- PA Digital
- Contributing Institution
- Bloomsburg University
- Supporting Institution
- Keystone Library Network
- United States - History - Revolution, 1775-1783 - Maps, Manuscript
United States - History - Revolution, 1775-1783 - Campaigns
Mud Island, Battle of, Philadelphia, Pa., 1777 - Maps, Manuscript
Fort Mifflin (Philadelphia, Pa.) - - Maps, Manuscript
- Andruss Library digital images and corresponding text may be used for non-commercial, educational, and personal use only without permission, provided that proper attribution of the source accompanies the image. The digital images are not intended for reproduction or redistribution. Commercial publication requires permission. Contact the Bloomsburg University Archives at guides.library.bloomu.edu/universityarchives or (570) 389-4210. Andruss Library assumes no responsibility for infringement of copyright by content users.
- Chicago citation style
- Plan von der Attague auf Mud Eiland = [Plan of the attack on Mud Island]. 1791. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm17189.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/blmmap/id/12. (Accessed December 12, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1791) Plan von der Attague auf Mud Eiland = [Plan of the attack on Mud Island]. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm17189.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/blmmap/id/12
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm17189.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/blmmap/id/12>.