Norris Dam at night
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Unidentified couple standing next to Norris Dam's spillway and looking at the dam as it is lit up at night. Caption on reverse reads: "This night scene shows water from TVA's Norris reservoir being released over the spillway after crest of the 1937 flood had subsided. Although Norris Dam is more than 700 river-miles from Cairo, Illinois, it was largely responsible for lowering the crest at that city by nearly half a foot when the flood was above its levees and held back by mud boxes hastily erected.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library and Archives
- New Deal, 1933-1939--Tennessee
Tennessee Valley Authority--History
- Norris Dam (Tenn.)
- While TSLA houses an item, it does not necessarily hold the copyright on the item, nor may it be able to determine if the item is still protected under current copyright law. Users are solely responsible for determining the existence of such instances and for obtaining any other permissions and paying associated fees, that may be necessary for the intended use.
- Chicago citation style
- Norris Dam at night. 1937. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll19/id/254. (Accessed October 21, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1937) Norris Dam at night. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll19/id/254
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll19/id/254>.