• Created Date
  • 1945
  • Description
  • Isaacson Iron Works was a supplier for the U. S. Maritime Commission During World War II. Their facility was located south of Seattle. The Navy built the facility in the late 1930s and it opened in 1940. It was designed to support West Coast shipyards with forged and machined ship shafting and, until 1963, was operated by Isaacson Iron Works as a Navy facility.On verso of image: Swing Shift, Machine Shop, Plant #2, 6-26-45PH Coll 51.296.
  • Format
  • Photograph
    image
    Scanned from a photographic print using a Microtek Scanmaker 9600XL at 100 dpi in JPEG format at compression rate 3 and resized to 768x512 ppi. 2004