- View Full Item
- Created Date
Mimeographed page contains two original black and white photographs. The top photo is of a woman and two children looking at books in a mobile library. It is identified as the "WPA bookmobile in the Watts Barr [sic] Dam Defense Area covering Rhea, Rhone [sic], Loudon, and Meigs Counties." The bottom photo shows a WPA mobile library parked outside Stewart's Cash Grocery. Children wait in line. The truck is identified as the WPA bookmobile sponsored by the Nashville Public Library. These pictures, between pages 7 and 8, are stapled to the page.
- Stewart, D. Marshall
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library and Archives
- Federal Works Agency, Work Projects Administration
- New Deal, 1933-1939--Tennessee
Nashville Public Library
Mobile Public Library
United States. Works Progress Administration
- While TSLA houses an item, it does not necessarily hold the copyright on the item, nor may it be able to determine if the item is still protected under current copyright law. Users are solely responsible for determining the existence of such instances and for obtaining any other permissions and paying associated fees, that may be necessary for the intended use.
- Chicago citation style
- Stewart, D. Marshall. WPA bookmobile. 1941-06-30. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll19/id/278. (Accessed November 21, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- Stewart, D. Marshall, (1941-06-30) WPA bookmobile. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll19/id/278
- MLA citation style
- Stewart, D. Marshall. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll19/id/278>.