Wedding guests arrive
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Guests arrive at the Lancaster depot for a Thayer wedding. When Cornelia Thayer married, a special train made up of Pullmans was 30 minutes late pulling into the station. So as not to disappoint her guests, who would want to witness the ceremony, the bride graciously insisted upon waiting in her boudoir until she saw the carriages turning into the Homestead.
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date from item or accompanying materials.
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster revisited / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2005
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information. This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- Wedding guests arrive. 1907. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/73666k75h. (Accessed December 14, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1907) Wedding guests arrive. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/73666k75h
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/73666k75h>.