Church and contiguous buildings of the Ex-Mission of Santa Barbara. Now a college of the Order of San Francisco. Autograph
- View Full Item
- Created Date
And kindly granted, as a memento of this, our second visit, after an interval of twinty-three years! To preserve in the proper place so welcome a present, we committed the pardonable indescretion of finishing up our drawing on the very paper containing the autograph, as a means to gratify those of our friends who like ourselves, from personal acquaintance with Father Gonzalez, the last survivor of the missionaries, appreciate his excellent qualities. Thus we secured what will become a relic of one whose name, blessed during lifetime by the many hearts he comforted, will after his death stand as the last pillar of the missionary work in California so honorably preceded by Fathers Junipero Serra, Geronimo Boscana, Sanchez, Peiri, Salvidea, Duran, and other distinguished ornaments of the order of San Frnacisco. (Reference to text of the California Collection. E.V.) (cf. Vischer Pictorial p. 106, Vischer Missions no. 20)
- California Digital Library
- Contributing Institution
- UC Berkeley, Bancroft Library
- The Bancroft Library;;, University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720-6000, Phone: (510) 642-6481, Fax: (510) 642-7589, Email: email@example.com;;, URL: http://bancroft.berkeley.edu
- Some materials in these collections may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.). In addition, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by terms of University of California gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Transmission or reproduction of materials protected by copyright beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners. Works not in the public domain cannot be commercially exploited without permission of the copyright owner. Responsibility for any use rests exclusively with the user.
All requests to reproduce, publish, quote from, or otherwise use collection materials must be submitted in writing to the Head of Public Services, The Bancroft Library, University of California, Berkeley 94720-6000. See: http://bancroft.berkeley.edu/reference/permissions.html
- Chicago citation style
- Church and contiguous buildings of the Ex-Mission of Santa Barbara. Now a college of the Order of San Francisco. Autograph. 1842/1865. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://ark.cdlib.org/ark:/13030/tf8199p3dm. (Accessed December 9, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1842/1865) Church and contiguous buildings of the Ex-Mission of Santa Barbara. Now a college of the Order of San Francisco. Autograph. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://ark.cdlib.org/ark:/13030/tf8199p3dm
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://ark.cdlib.org/ark:/13030/tf8199p3dm>.