Brown wax home recording of speech by eighty-nine-year-old woman
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Brown wax cylinder.
Place of recording likely the United States.
Performer name not given or decipherable.
Woman speaks: "Nineteen hundred and [... (?). Annie Burr (?)], eighty-nine years old the third day of November"; then recites "As I lay musing on my bed, I thought on my redeemer," and the Lord's Prayer. Spoken content is the same as 304-6.
Also available online via the Internet.
Sung in English.
The David Giovannoni Collection of home cylinder recordings (Set Number: 304-07, Originally acquired: The Musical Wonder House Collection, 2011).
- California Digital Library
- Contributing Institution
- UC Santa Barbara, Library, Department of Special Research Collections
- Personal recordings
- Audio cylinderElectronic resource
- copyright unknown
MP3 files of the cylinders available for download are copyrighted by the Regents of the University of California. They are licensed for non-commercial use under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 2.5 License. Acknowledgments for reuse of the transfers should read "University of California, Santa Barbara Library." The original wav files (either unedited or restored) can be provided upon request for commercial or non-commercial use such as CD reissues, film/tv synchronization, use on websites or in exhibits. The University of California makes no claims or warranties as to the copyright status of the original recordings and charges a use fee for the use of the transfers. Please contact the University of California, Santa Barbara Library Department of Special Research Collections for information on licensing cylinder transfers. Full contact information can be found at: http://cylinders.library.ucsb.edu/licensing.php.
- Chicago citation style
- Brown wax home recording of speech by eighty-nine-year-old woman. 1900-1909. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://www.library.ucsb.edu/OBJID/Cylinder13205. (Accessed December 15, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1900-1909) Brown wax home recording of speech by eighty-nine-year-old woman. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://www.library.ucsb.edu/OBJID/Cylinder13205
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://www.library.ucsb.edu/OBJID/Cylinder13205>.