Big Pine Citizen, May 14, 1927
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Big Pine Citizen, volume 14, no. 20, includes articles such as, "Water Board Continues to Bunk Their People," "Will Develop Rich Deposit of Sulphur," and "Noah Timmins of Canada, One of Largest Mining Operators Finances Darwin Mines."
The Big Pine Citizen was the weekly newspaper of Big Pine, a town in the northern Owens Valley of the California Sierras. The newspaper expressed the viewpoint of Big Pine residents on Los Angeles' control of the Owens Valley water supply during the 1920s. It also carried articles on local matters, such as social events, sports, and meetings of county and town governments. A. G. Barmore (1884-1967) was the editor and publisher of the Big Pine Citizen, and he was a leader in the fight of Big Pine for reparations from the City of Los Angeles. After the Big Pine Citizen folded in 1933 in the wake of Big Pine's loss of population, Barmore left Big Pine. He passed away in San Diego County in 1967.
- California Digital Library
- Contributing Institution
- Loyola Marymount University, Department of Archives and Special Collections, William H. Hannon Library
- Barmore, A. G. (Albert)
Owens Valley (Calif.)--Social conditions
Big Pine (Calif.)--History
Water rights--California--Owens Valley
Water rights--California--Los Angeles
Los Angeles Aqueduct
- Materials in the Department of Archives and Special Collections may be subject to copyright. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, Loyola Marymount University does not claim ownership of the copyright of any materials in its collections. Please refer to: http://library.lmu.edu/generalinformation/departments/digitallibraryprogram/copyrightandreproductionpolicy/
- Chicago citation style
- Big Pine Citizen, May 14, 1927. 1920-1929. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://digitalcollections.lmu.edu/cdm/ref/collection/bigpine/id/17. (Accessed December 18, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1920-1929) Big Pine Citizen, May 14, 1927. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://digitalcollections.lmu.edu/cdm/ref/collection/bigpine/id/17
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://digitalcollections.lmu.edu/cdm/ref/collection/bigpine/id/17>.