Two men standing in pipe attached to large valves at Masonry Dam, November 25, 1914
The Masonry Dam on the Cedar River, completed in 1914, was built by Seattle City Light and located between the old 1904 crib dam and the powerhouse at Cedar Falls. It was intended to enlarge the Cedar Lake basin and store additional water for the generating equipment of the Cedar Falls hydroelectric plant.These valves were marked "Rensselaer Valve Co. Pat. June 19, 1888, Troy, N.Y."Caption on image: 2653. 11-25-14PH Coll 46.59.
silver gelatin, b&w
Scanned from a photographic print using a Microtek Scanmaker 9600XL at 150 dpi in JPEG format at compression rate 3 and resized to 768x600 ppi. 2005