Bob Hope and Doris Day entertainment event in Nashville, Tennessee, 1949 January 16
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Pictured from left to right: Doris Day with two entertainers at an event in Nashville, Tennessee. Bob Hope brought his revue of outstanding stage artists for two shows Sunday January 16th, 1949 at the Ryman Auditorium, with featured singer Doris Day. Other stars with the Hope company included a troupe of 40 radio stars and musicians. When Bob Hope’s plane arrived at Berry Field, they were met at the airport by Mayor Thomas L. Cummings and other officials. Hope received a special welcome to Nashville with keys to the city. The day of entertainment included Hope and troupe giving special performances for patients at Veterans Administration hospital on White Bridge road. Following the night show at the Ryman, the troupe was entertained at the Colemere Club, with city, civic, political and business leaders. Forms part of Record Group 412, Photographs Collection. 1 photograph negative : b & w ; 4 x 5 in.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Nashville Public Library
- Day, Doris, 1924
Nashville (Tenn.)--Social life and customs
Nashville and Davidson County (Tenn.)--History--Sources
- Still imageNegatives
- U.S. and international copyright laws protect this digital content, which is provided for educational purposes only and may not be downloaded, reproduced, or distributed for any other purpose without written permission. Please contact the Metro Archives, Nashville Public Library, 615 Church Street, Nashville, Tennessee, 37219. Telephone (615) 862-5880.
- Chicago citation style
- Bob Hope and Doris Day entertainment event in Nashville, Tennessee, 1949 January 16. 1949-01-16. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/5957. (Accessed May 16, 2021.)
- APA citation style
- (1949-01-16) Bob Hope and Doris Day entertainment event in Nashville, Tennessee, 1949 January 16. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/5957
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/5957>.