- View Full Item
- Created Date
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date from item or accompanying materials.
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2001
Built at a cost of $30,000 (most of which was a gift from Nathaniel Thayer II), Memorial Hall, on the Lancaster Town Green, was dedicated in 1868 to the 39 Townsmen lost in the Civil War. In 1929, a north children's wing was added by Mrs. Bayard Thayer in memory of her son. In 1999, a multimillion-dollar renovation was made adding a south reference wing. This view shows the library as it looked in 1890.
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information.
This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- Memorial Hall. 1890. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871h01g. (Accessed November 19, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1890) Memorial Hall. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871h01g
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871h01g>.