• Creator
  • Thwaites, John E. (John Edward), 1863-1940
  • Created Date
  • ca. 1912
  • Description
  • In the early 1800s, there was a tannery in Uyak Bay. Alaska Packers Association built a cannery in the village in 1911. The Uyak post office was established November 21, 1900.
  • Format
  • Photograph
    Scanned from a photographic print using a Microtek Scanmaker 9600XL at 100 dpi in JPEG format at compression rate 3 and resized to 768x512 ppi. 2003