- View Full Item
- Created Date
This c. 1750 home is located on Main Street at Carleton Place, south of the town hall. Benjamin Tidd was a baker with a huge fireplace and kitchen ovens, which still remain in the house. When Rev. Nathaniel Thayer first came to Lancaster in 1793, he stayed here until other accommodations were arranged.
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date supplied by cataloger.
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster revisited / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2005
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information. This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- Tidd-Carleton house. 1850-2000. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871d57q. (Accessed December 13, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1850-2000) Tidd-Carleton house. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871d57q
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871d57q>.