Album image 07, D.T. Bridges & Co.'s Boot Manufactory
View Full Image
Four-story wooden shoe manufacturing building from the east side with the view behind to the west. Its first floor is constructed from brick, windows are arched. The roof has a two tier tower and a clock. A man sits in a horse drawn wagon in front of building, another man walks on a raised wood walkway. The building was destroyed by fire in April of 1883. It had been owned by Claflin, Coburn & Co. of Boston. Previous owner was Daniel Thurber Bridges. At the time it burned it employed about six hundred workers. It is within a photo album formerly owned by Samuel Crooks. Page 11 From Photographic album, Hopkinton Illustrated, published by Lithotype Printing Company, Gardner Mass. From the Hopkinton Public Library Treasure Room
|Hopkinton Public Library|
|D.T. Bridges & Co. (Hopkinton, Mass.)|
Please request permission to use image by contacting Hopkinton Public Library in advance at email@example.com or 508-497-9777. Contact host institution for more information.