Anti-Racism Organization News Conference
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Chicago: Angela Davis, (R) shown at a Chicago news conference 5/11 with Rev. Ben Chavis, (L) of Wilmington, NC, and American Indian Movement leader Clyde Bellecourt, announced the formation of an organization 'against racist and political repression.' She said our purpose will be primarily to build support to end repressive legislation and police brutality. She said 'We need some kind of weapon that will defend the right of people to struggle.
- California Digital Library
- Contributing Institution
- Chapman University, Frank Mt. Pleasant Library of Special Collections and Archives
- Chapman University Digital Commons
- African Americans
Civil rights movement
African American Studies
United States History
UPI retains the copyright on all photographs. Permission to use photographs must be obtained from United Press International.
- Chicago citation style
- Anti-Racism Organization News Conference. 1973-05-11T07:00:00Z. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://digitalcommons.chapman.edu/upi_african_american/67. (Accessed May 27, 2022.)
- APA citation style
- (1973-05-11T07:00:00Z) Anti-Racism Organization News Conference. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://digitalcommons.chapman.edu/upi_african_american/67
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://digitalcommons.chapman.edu/upi_african_american/67>.