Terminal of Chicago & Northwestern Railroad
View Full Image
Caption: "Passenger terminal of the Chicago & Northwestern Railway, completed in 1911. Courtesy of the Chicago & Northwestern Railway." From text: "In the annual report for the year ending June 30th, 1907, mention is made of the new passenger terminal which has lately been completed on the West Side between Lake street on the north, and Madison street on the south, occupying three blocks between Canal street on the east and Clinton street on the west. This station, now completed, is the most imposing and commodious railway station in Chicago, and is used exclusively by the Chicago & North-Western Railway. Trains enter the station on elevation, and the train shed contains sixteen tracks. The cost of the new right of way, land for the station, and the station itself approximated twenty millions of dollars.
|University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign|
|University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, University Library|
|Chicago and North Western Railway Company|
|Near West Side (Chicago, Ill.)|
Images in this collection were digitized through the University of Illinois Library's participation in the Open Content Alliance and may be used freely. Attribution to the University of Illinois is appreciated. High-resolution images can be downloaded from the Internet Archive at www.archive.org. For further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.