- View Full Item
- Created Date
Built in 1786, the Lancaster House (also known as Lancaster Hotel or Lancaster Inn) was located on the east side of Main Street just north of the First Church. The handsome building was four stories high, surmounted by an observatory, and had piazzas on three sides and a front balcony. After providing food and lodging in a relaxed country setting for more than 100 years, the place burned down on July 18, 1906. This view shows the building from the south.
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date supplied by cataloger.
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2001
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information. This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- Lancaster Hotel. 1850-1906. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871j436. (Accessed December 13, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1850-1906) Lancaster Hotel. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871j436
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871j436>.