Old Phelps house
- View Full Item
- Created Date
The old Phelps House was built c.1720 on Harvard Road. Originally, the exterior was plastered in imitation of granite. With exposure to the elements, it developed a discolored and weather-beaten look, making it appear very ancient. The last of the family to occupy the house was William Phelps. Born there in 1805, he lived to be over 90 years of age.
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date supplied by cataloger.
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2001
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information. This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- Old Phelps house. 1850-2000. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871h63g. (Accessed December 17, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1850-2000) Old Phelps house. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871h63g
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871h63g>.