The eighth green of the Palos Verdes Golf Course
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Image shows view looking west with several golfers descending the steps from the eighth green to the ninth tee. Visible in distance is the sixth green with eucalyptus trees on either side. The two-story, eleven-room Spanish-style clubhouse [not visible] is located at 3301 Via Campesina in Val Monte. The golf course, which was designed by George C. Thomas Jr. and built by William P. Bell, opened on November 15, 1924, with landscaping designed by the Olmsted brothers.
Date Built: 1924
Photo Source: Palos Verdes Homes Association
PVH building permit #22.
- California Digital Library
- Contributing Institution
- Palos Verdes Library District
- Palos Verdes Golf Club (Palos Verdes Estates, Calif.)
Country clubs--California--Palos Verdes Estates
- Electronically digitized by the Palos Verdes Library District, from the Palos Verdes Homes Association Photograph Collection held in the Local History Room. Copyright status must be investigated before publishing or commercial use. To obtain permission and images for publication purposes please contact the Palos Verdes Library District.
- Chicago citation style
- The eighth green of the Palos Verdes Golf Course. 1926-08-8. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://www.palosverdeshistory.org/islandora/object/pvld%3A1624. (Accessed December 19, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1926-08-8) The eighth green of the Palos Verdes Golf Course. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://www.palosverdeshistory.org/islandora/object/pvld%3A1624
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://www.palosverdeshistory.org/islandora/object/pvld%3A1624>.