Joseph Breck house
- View Full Item
- Created Date
This dwelling, near the junction of Neck and Center Bridge Roads, was built in 1831 for Joseph Breck, who was the superintendent of the Lancaster Horticultural Gardens and founder of the Breck Seed Company. It is also very near the site of the early Cyprian Stevens garrison. The feathered elm was one of the largest of its kind in the area. At one point, it measured 18 feet in circumference, just 5 feet from the base.
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date supplied by cataloger.
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2001
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information. This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- Joseph Breck house. 1850-2000. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871j01p. (Accessed December 12, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1850-2000) Joseph Breck house. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871j01p
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871j01p>.