The George Parker estate
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date from item or accompanying materials.
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2001
An 1890s photograph shows the George A. Parker (1822-1887) residence, which is no longer standing. It was located on Sterling Road near the Deershorn Road intersection. The well-respected Parker was an accomplished civil engineer who, among other things, acted as superintendent of military railroads at the request of Secretary Stanton during the Civil War.
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information.
This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- The George Parker estate. 1890-1899. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871j33z. (Accessed October 18, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1890-1899) The George Parker estate. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871j33z
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871j33z>.