Old Swan Swamp
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Located on the south side of the old toll road that is now Route 117, this swamp was often referred to in old deeds. The unusual hummocks shown here were caused by the action of spring freshets and winter frosts over long periods of time. The formations have long since been plowed under.
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date supplied by cataloger.
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster revisited / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2005
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information. This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- Old Swan Swamp. 1850-2000. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871f53t. (Accessed December 15, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1850-2000) Old Swan Swamp. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871f53t
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871f53t>.