Arc de Triomphe, Paris (1915-1919?)
- View Full Item
- Created Date
This lantern slide, “Arc de Triomphe, Paris (1915-1919?),” shows soldiers, canons, and an automobile on the lawn in front of the famous 164 foot tall monument Arc de Triomphe de l'Étoile. It stands in the center of the Place Charles de Gaulle, at the western end of the Champs-Élysées, and honors those who fought and died for France in the French Revolutionary and the Napoleonic Wars, with the names of all French victories and generals inscribed on its inner and outer surfaces. The monument was commissioned in 1806, after Napoleon’s victory at Austerlitz. This slide is part of Springfield College’s collection of lantern slides depicting scenes of World War I.
Writing on the Frame of Lantern Slide says: Paris. Arc de Triomphe
Part of the Australian Y.M.C.A. WWI Lantern Slide Series
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Springfield College Archives and Special Collections
- Springfield College
- World War, 1914-1918
Arc De Triomphe de l'Etoile
- Text and images are owned, held, or licensed by Springfield College and are available for personal, non-commercial, and educational use, provided that ownership is properly cited. A credit line is required and should read: Courtesy of Springfield College, Babson Library, Archives and Special Collections. Any commercial use without written permission from Springfield College is strictly prohibited. Other individuals or entities other than, and in addition to, Springfield College may also own copyrights and other propriety rights. The publishing, exhibiting, or broadcasting party assumes all responsibility for clearing reproduction rights and for any infringement of United States copyright law. Contact host institution for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Arc de Triomphe, Paris (1915-1919?). 1915-1919. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/2851. (Accessed July 16, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1915-1919) Arc de Triomphe, Paris (1915-1919?). Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/2851
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/2851>.