- View Full Item
- Created Date
The gardener's cottage, located at the corner of Bolton Road and Main Street, was occupied by the English-immigrant Starbuck family. Charles Starbuck worked for the Thayer family for 45 years as a butler for Eugene V. R. Thayer and then for his son Eugene V. R. Thayer II, whose banking career took them to New York City. Starbuck's daughter Katherine lived in the house until her death in 1973.
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date supplied by cataloger.
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster revisited / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2005
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information. This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- Starbuck house. 1850-2000. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/73666j91p. (Accessed December 12, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1850-2000) Starbuck house. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/73666j91p
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/73666j91p>.