The town seal
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date supplied by cataloger.
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2001
The present town seal was adopted at the annual town meeting in 1900, the year all towns were requested to do so by the state. The seal adopted was the ancient coat of arms of Lancaster, England, substituting for the Latin motto the legend "Lancaster on the Nashua, 1635." In the center, a golden "rampant" lion with paw raised is shown on a shield with a background of blue and red.
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information.
This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- The town seal. 1900-2000. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871h138. (Accessed December 12, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1900-2000) The town seal. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871h138
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871h138>.