• Creator
  • Jeffers Studio
  • Created Date
  • 1921
  • Description
  • Built at the same time as the Insurance Building, the powerhouse was funded with surplus money from a $2.5 million construction authorization from the 1919 legislative session. The facility provided heat and power to the entire Capitol complex through an underground tunnel network. It was located on the shore of Budd Inlet, below the bluff where the rest of the Capitol campus was under construction.
  • Format
  • image
    photograph
    b&w
    silver gelatin
    7.5 x 9.5 in.
    Scanned from a photographic print using a Microtek Scanmaker 9800XL at 100 dpi in JPEG format at compression rate 6 and resized to 479x600 ppi. 2009