Moving that house
- View Full Item
- Created Date
In years past, moving an entire house from one location to another was not particularly uncommon. This 1947 photograph shows the Chickering homestead slowly being transferred from the Center Village in the North Village. Tree limbs along the pathway were cut, traffic was rerouted, and business was suspended during the journey, which took about nine hours.
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date from item or accompanying materials.
Frank and Lois Ponte
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster revisited / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2005
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information. This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- Moving that house. 1947. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871d31k. (Accessed December 9, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1947) Moving that house. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871d31k
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871d31k>.