- View Full Item
- Created Date
This was the home of Rev. Edmund Hamilton Sears, D.D., who wrote the well-known Christmas carol "It Came upon a Midnight Clear." Sears was the seventh pastor of the First Church on the Lancaster Town Green, serving from 1840 to 1847. The house was originally located on the corner of Flagg and Main Streets in South Lancaster. In 1944, it was divided in two and moved to the north side of George Hill Road. The dwellings have since been used to house faculty and students form Atlantic Union College.
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date supplied by cataloger.
Atlantic Union College
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2001
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information. This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- Sears home. 1850-1944. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871j194. (Accessed December 10, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1850-1944) Sears home. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871j194
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871j194>.