- View Full Item
Lithograph of Harriet Tubman from the book, "Scenes of the Life in Harriet Tubman" (1869) by Sarah H. Bradford. The wood-carved likeness for the printing is attributed to J.C. Darby. She is wearing a long dress, coat and kerchief, and is holding a rifle with both hands. The author refers to this as her "costume as scout.
- J.C. Darby
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library and Archives
- W.J. Moses
- Tubman, Harriet, 1820?-1913
Antislavery movements--United States
United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Women
Underground railroad system
- Auburn (N.Y.)
- While TSLA houses an item, it does not necessarily hold the copyright on the item, nor may it be able to determine if the item is still protected under current copyright law. Users are solely responsible for determining the existence of such instances and for obtaining any other permissions and paying associated fees, that may be necessary for the intended use.
- Chicago citation style
- J.C. Darby. Harriet Tubman. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll18/id/22. (Accessed January 22, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- J.C. Darby, Harriet Tubman. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll18/id/22
- MLA citation style
- J.C. Darby. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll18/id/22>.