Hurston, Zora Neale, 1938-19391978Undated
- View Full Item
- Created Date
The Papers, 1933-1981, of Stetson Kennedy comprise correspondence; subject files on various organizations, individuals, and ideas; typescripts of articles written by Kennedy; newsclippings; press releases; bulletins and fliers; pamphlets; periodicals; and photographs. The subject files pertain to economic conditions, labor and anti-black violence, peace groups, peonage, Southern politicians, Mexico, the Spanish Civil War, and Kennedy's own campaign for a U.S. Senate seat from Florida in 1950. Articles, clippings, and pamphlets concern civil rights, international affairs, the Ku Klux Klan, labor (particularly CIO) organizing, and southern politics. The photographs depict WPA work in progress, attacks against Negroes (including lynching), and various organizations. The many periodicals include two issues (1947) of Eugene Talmadge's The Statesman, twenty-one issues (1943-1950) of The Southern Patriot, and eight issues (1939-1943) of Lillian Smith's North Georgia Review. The correspondence covers the period 1935-1979, and includes as correspondents students and peace groups, several committees to aid Spanish loyalists, social reform and civil liberties groups, government agencies, writer's organizations, publishers, literary agents, newspapers and magazines, and the New York Public Library, which obtained some Kennedy manuscripts for its Schomburg Collection in 1952. [L1979-37]
Local identification number: L1979-37_1514_35
Stetson Kennedy papers, Special Collections and Archives, Georgia State University Library
- Kennedy, Stetson, Southern Labor Archives
- Digital Library of Georgia
- Contributing Institution
- Georgia State University. Libraries. Special Collections
- Locust Grove, GA
Cite as: L1979-37_1514_35, Stetson Kennedy Papers, L1979-37, Southern Labor Archives. Special Collections and Archives, Georgia State University, Atlanta.
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. You are free to use this Item in any way that is permitted by the copyright and related rights legislation that applies to your use. In addition, no permission is required from the rights-holder(s) for educational uses. For other uses, you need to obtain permission from the rights-holder(s).
- Chicago citation style
- Kennedy, Stetson, Southern Labor Archives. Hurston, Zora Neale, 1938-1939,1978,Undated. 1938/1939. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://digitalcollections.library.gsu.edu/cdm/ref/collection/SKennedy/id/4427. (Accessed August 20, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Kennedy, Stetson, Southern Labor Archives, (1938/1939) Hurston, Zora Neale, 1938-1939,1978,Undated. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://digitalcollections.library.gsu.edu/cdm/ref/collection/SKennedy/id/4427
- MLA citation style
- Kennedy, Stetson, Southern Labor Archives. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://digitalcollections.library.gsu.edu/cdm/ref/collection/SKennedy/id/4427>.