- View Full Item
- Created Date
Square wood case is covered with brown leather. Lid is hinged at back with wide leather strap. Exterior leather strap handle attaches to each side. Interior lid top is lined with brown fabric. Base of box is also fabric lined. A removable tray has brass handles on the sides. Tray holds 27 glass medicine vials of various sizes. Beneath top tray are 12 compartments with 11 medicine vials, 4 round glass bottles with tin screw tops, 2 packets of litmus testing paper, 1 packet of surgery needles, 1 catheter, 2 cork bottle stoppers and 1 metal instrument.
- Contributing Institution
- East Carolina University
- Medicine--North Carolina--History--19th century
Medicine bottles--Storage--North Carolina
- moving image
- medicine chests
- Credit for reproduction of images please reference The Country Doctor Museum
- Chicago citation style
- Medicine chest. 1860-1880. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://digital.lib.ecu.edu/13882. (Accessed August 16, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1860-1880) Medicine chest. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://digital.lib.ecu.edu/13882
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://digital.lib.ecu.edu/13882>.