• Created Date
  • ca. 1910
  • Description
  • The Valdez-Fairbanks Trail was built in 1899 as a gold field access trail, navigable only on foot. It was upgraded to handle sleds and wagons through the first decade of the 20th century, when it was renamed the Richardson Highway after General Wilds P. Richardson, who oversaw the upgrade. It was further upgraded for motor vehicles in the 1920s.
  • Format
  • Photograph
    image
    b&w
    silver gelatin
    5.5 x 3 in.
    Scanned from a photographic print using a Microtek Scanmaker 9800XL at 150 dpi in JPEG format at compression rate 6 and resized to 768x450 ppi. 2009