John Gates Thurston house
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Long ago, at the parting of the ways to Sterling in the Deershorn district stood the far-famed Gates Tavern, run by father and son Capts. Hezekiah and Thomas Gates. It was later inherited by the Thurston family. The Thurston house, dating back to around 1792, as been occupied by members of the Kilbourn family since 1944.
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date supplied by cataloger.
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster revisited / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2005
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information. This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- John Gates Thurston house. 1850-2000. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/73666k152. (Accessed December 14, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1850-2000) John Gates Thurston house. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/73666k152
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/73666k152>.