Lithuanian representatives planting tree in Consulate Grove, University of Washington, 1932
The Consulate (or International) Grove was planted in 1932 to celebrate the bicentennial of George Washington's birth. Thirty-five Seattle foreign consuls planted trees near where the HUB currently stands. (Norman J. Johnston, "The Fountain and the Mountain," 1995.)Handwritten on verso: Lithuania.Filed in: UW - Campus Features, Consulate Grove (#314).
- Photograph: b&w
7 x 9 1/2 in.
creased in center
Scanned as a 3000 pixel TIFF image in 24-bit RGB color or 8-bit grayscale, resized to 640 or 600 pixels in the longest dimension and compressed into JPEG format using Photoshop 6.0 and its JPEG quality measurement 3