View Full Item
This image shows the Richardson Cemetery sign. 1835 Old Richardson Cemetery Memorial. Available information indicated that interred here are at least 45 men, women and children. They are members of the following families: Barrett, Brittingham, Chandler, Clem, Crouse, France, McAtee, McRoberts, Miller, Phillips, Renker, Richardson, Silverman, Stewart, Tharke. Land for the cemetery was donated circa 1835 by William and Sharlotte Richardson. They are buried here with many of their descendants. The last recorded burial here was an infant in 1901. Through time the cemetery was abandoned and many years of neglect resulted in monuments being damaged, stolen, displaced, and destroyed. This restoration was intiated in 1994 by Jewel Barnes and Glenn Richardson, great-grandchildren on William and Sharlotte Richardson.
|Indiana Department of Natural Resources, Division of Historic Preservation and Archaeology|
|Indiana Division of Historic Preservation and Archaeology|
|Gibson County (Ind.)|
Tombs Monuments Death