- View Full Item
- Created Date
View of the exterior of the Carnegie Library at the corner of Forsyth Street and Carnegie Way in downtown Atlanta, Georgia.
Neoclassical; cobblestones; cobblestone; street scenes; educational; education
The Carnegie Library was Atlanta's first public library. It was built by New York architects Ackerman & Ross and opened in 1902. The building was located on 126 Carnegie Way in downtown Atlanta, Georgia, and was demolished in 1977.
- Digital Library of Georgia
- Contributing Institution
- Atlanta History Center
- Atlanta History Photograph Collection
- Atlanta, Ga. : Kenan Research Center
Carnegie Library of Atlanta
- Standardized Rights Statement
- No Copyright - In the United States:The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through the Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- Chicago citation style
- Unknown. Carnegie Library. 1910. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://album.atlantahistorycenter.com/cdm/ref/collection/athpc/id/238. (Accessed February 7, 2023.)
- APA citation style
- Unknown, (1910) Carnegie Library. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://album.atlantahistorycenter.com/cdm/ref/collection/athpc/id/238
- MLA citation style
- Unknown. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://album.atlantahistorycenter.com/cdm/ref/collection/athpc/id/238>.