Swimming and Tennis team
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Page 114 of the La Torre Yearbook.
Experiencing a none too successful season, Coach Charley Walker's splashers nevertheless came up with some inspired performances against Stanford and California. Backstroker Bob Hamilton and diver Pat McConnell turned in some superlative exhibitions as did other strokers of this year's squad. Back row, left to right: Manager John Penniman, George Sheets, Ray Bryant, Jim Sage, Manager Howard Bogie, Coach Charley Walker. Second row: Manager Bob Landreth, Dick Lebedeff, Dave Millovich, Bruce Titus, Bill Mays, Bill Chang. Third row: Earle Hassell, Bob Hamilton, Don Ling, Chesley Douglas, Don Biery, Pat McConnell. Front row: Terry Bowman, Bud Guisness, Homer Lohr, George Haines. swimming tennis Leading contenders to capture the CCAA tennis crown the Spartan netmen displayed impressive performances against a full schedule of outstanding opponents. Coached by Ted Mumby and his assistant, Jim Cruze, the racquet wielders bowed out of the CCAA in style. Top performances were turned in by senior Chet Bulwa and freshman Butch Krikorian, as well as the remainder of the squad. Standing, left to right: Morton Thiebaud, Joe Dawkins, Jim Cruze, Bob Castle, Dick Russo. Kneeling: Chet Bulwa, Don Gale, Butch Krikorian.
- California Digital Library
- Contributing Institution
- San José State University, Special Collections and Archives
- San Jose State College
- For more information on copyright or permissions for this image, please contact San Jose State University Special Collections & Archives department. http://www.sjlibrary.org/research/special/special_coll/index.htm
- Chicago citation style
- Unknown. Swimming and Tennis team. 1950. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://digitalcollections.sjlibrary.org/cdm/ref/collection/sjsuUA/id/1227. (Accessed December 18, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Unknown, (1950) Swimming and Tennis team. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://digitalcollections.sjlibrary.org/cdm/ref/collection/sjsuUA/id/1227
- MLA citation style
- Unknown. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://digitalcollections.sjlibrary.org/cdm/ref/collection/sjsuUA/id/1227>.