- Indiana Memory
- Allen County Public Library
Fort Wayne Fire Station No. 2, 436 East Wallace Street. Photo is of Carl Mayer, Sr. At the time of this photo there were two shifts of men on the Fort Wayne Fire Department. The "A" & "B". Each station had men that used to spend a lot of time in the engine houses that were not firemen. They were called the "C" shift. Mr. Mayer was the head "C" shift man at this station. Date 05/26/1947.