South Lancaster hose house
- View Full Item
- Created Date
This is the South Station Fire House on Main Street in South Lancaster. Through a motion made by Nathaniel Thayer III at the town meeting in 1887, it was voted to spend $3,500 for its construction. The building has been used according to its original purpose ever since. It is on the National Register of Historic Places. Hose houses constructed at about the same time in the North Village and Deershorn area have since been converted into private dwellings.
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date supplied by cataloger.
Atlantic Union College
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2001
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- Fire stations
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information. This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- South Lancaster hose house. 1887-2000. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871h57b. (Accessed December 14, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1887-2000) South Lancaster hose house. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871h57b
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871h57b>.