Battleship USS Maine
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Image of an illustration of the American battleship USS Maine. An explosion aboard USS Maine in 1898 resulted in the sinking of the ship and the deaths of 266 men. The attack propelled the United States into a military conflict with Spain, which would later be known as the Spanish-American War.
White, Trumbull. Pictorial History of Our War with Spain for Cuba's Freedom. Freedom Publishing Co., 1898.
- Digital Library of Georgia
- Contributing Institution
- New Georgia Encyclopedia (Project)
- Battleships--United States
Maine (Battleship No. 10)
United States. Navy
Spanish-American War, 1898
- From Pictorial History of Our War with Spain for Cuba's Freedom, by T. White.
- Chicago citation style
- Battleship USS Maine. 1898. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://georgiaencyclopedia.org/file/11863. (Accessed January 23, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1898) Battleship USS Maine. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://georgiaencyclopedia.org/file/11863
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://georgiaencyclopedia.org/file/11863>.