- View Full Item
- Created Date
Engraved by Annin and Smith from a drawing by Jacob Bigelow(?).
Colored engraving of Xanthoxylum fraxineum (Zanthoxylum americanum) or Prickly Ash (Figure 1) with "A barren branch in flower" (Figure 2), "Fertile branch in flower" (Figure 3), "Barren flower magnified " (Figure 4), "Stamen, do" (Figure 5), "Abortive germ of the barren flower, do" (Figure 6), "Fertile flower, do" (Figure 7), "Pistils of ditto, do" (Figure 8), "Perfect flower, do" (Figure 9), "Capsule, do. beginning to open" (Figure 10), and "Seed, do" (Figure 11).
- Annin & Smith, Bigelow, Jacob, 1786-1879
- PA Digital
- Contributing Institution
- Historical Medical Library of The College of Physicians of Philadelphia
- Standardized Rights Statement
- This object has been digitized in a public-private partnership. As part of this partnership, the partners have agreed to limit commercial uses of this digital representation of the object by third parties. You can, without permission, copy, modify, distribute, display, or perform the digital object, for non-commercial uses. For any other permissible uses, please review the terms and conditions of the organization that has made the item available.
- Chicago citation style
- Annin & Smith, Bigelow, Jacob, 1786-1879. Xanthoxylum fraxineum. 1817. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://www.cppdigitallibrary.org/items/show/140. (Accessed December 15, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Annin & Smith, Bigelow, Jacob, 1786-1879, (1817) Xanthoxylum fraxineum. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://www.cppdigitallibrary.org/items/show/140
- MLA citation style
- Annin & Smith, Bigelow, Jacob, 1786-1879. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://www.cppdigitallibrary.org/items/show/140>.