1942 International Harvester 1000 g.p.m. pumper that was built by the Fort Wayne Fire Department Shop in the rear of Fire Station No. 1, 319 East Main Street. The fire department built twelve trucks between 1938 and 1942. This truck is one of three that is owned by the Fort Wayne Firefighters Museum. The 1942 was traded in on new equipment. In 1986 the museum board found that it was in the Valparaiso, IN. area. It was purchased back at a cost of $1500.00. These pictures were taken at the Fort Wayne Filtration Plant, the same place the original photos were taken. The pumper has been totally restored and will be used in funeral processions of active and retired firefighters. Date 03/22/2001
The images in the Allen County Public Library's digital library may be viewed, downloaded, and printed for personal or educational use, but any commercial use is prohibited without permission. Some collections may have other rights retained. Questions may be directed to the Special Collections Division of the Library at Genealogy@ACPL.Info or (260) 421-1225.