Benjamin Silliman letter to Edward Hitchcock, 1833 June 6
- View Full Item
- Created Date
A letter to Edward Hitchcock in which Benjamin Silliman expresses his surprise at the work Hitchcock has done on his "opus magnum" (possibly his Final Report on the Geology of Massachusetts), and his desire to see it and to mention it in the American Journal of Science. Silliman also expresses his desire to view some of Hitchcock's lithographs, requests to have [Alexandre] Brongniart's Classification of Rocks returned, and describes his recent trip to Washington to deliver a report "on the culture of the sugar cane & the manufacture & refining sugar.
- Silliman, Benjamin, 1779-1864
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Amherst College Archives & Special Collections
- New Haven (Conn.)
- Hitchcock, Edward, 1793-1864--Correspondence
Silliman, Benjamin, 1779-1864--Correspondence
- Public Domain: This material has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. While Amherst College Archives & Special Collections claims no rights or authority over this material, we do ask that any publication or use of this material cite the Archives & Special Collections at Amherst College as the source of the images and the repository where the original documents can be found. Contact host institution for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Silliman, Benjamin, 1779-1864. Benjamin Silliman letter to Edward Hitchcock, 1833 June 6. 1833-06-06. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://acdc.amherst.edu/view/asc:48302. (Accessed July 19, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Silliman, Benjamin, 1779-1864, (1833-06-06) Benjamin Silliman letter to Edward Hitchcock, 1833 June 6. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://acdc.amherst.edu/view/asc:48302
- MLA citation style
- Silliman, Benjamin, 1779-1864. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://acdc.amherst.edu/view/asc:48302>.