Miguel Teurbe Tolón, Cuban patriot
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Notation on verso: "Miguel Teurbe Tolón. New Orleans La. 1850. Lo anterior [the first dedication] está escrito al dorso del ferrotipo antiguo y se hizo esta reproducción en Nov. 1943. C87-26-PH-1"; Stamp (mark) on verso: "FMU"; Dedications on verso: "Para el Doctor Señor Miguel Ángel Carbonell que entiende de estas cosas, de su atento amigo, José Iribarrent, Habana, Dicbre 24 de 1927" and "Para Mariano Miguel con el afecto de, ... [illegible] Valderrama, 1944"; Miguel Teurbe Tolón, Cuban patriot, writer and professor was born in Matanzas, Cuba, September 29th, 1820. He created the first Cuban Coat of Arms, and incorporating Narciso López' ideas, Teurbe Tolón designed the flag which later on was sewn by his wife Emilia Teurbe Tolón. The donor of this collection, María Gómez Carbonell, was an educator and founder of Cruzada Educativa Cubana
- Contributing Institution
- University of Miami Libraries
- New Orleans (La.)
- Portrait photographs
- Standardized Rights Statement
- The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Miguel Teurbe Tolón, Cuban patriot. 1850. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://merrick.library.miami.edu/cdm/ref/collection/cubanphotos/id/2919. (Accessed November 18, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1850) Miguel Teurbe Tolón, Cuban patriot. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://merrick.library.miami.edu/cdm/ref/collection/cubanphotos/id/2919
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://merrick.library.miami.edu/cdm/ref/collection/cubanphotos/id/2919>.