Scene from the 1927 Mountain Play, Gods of the Mountain, performed on Mount Tamalpais [photograph]
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Scene from the 1927 production of Gods of the Mountain, directed by Herbert Grimwood. Grimwood was an English actor, who also performed on Broadway. The Mountain Play Association began its annual production in an outdoor amphitheater on top of Mount Tamalpais, Marin County, in 1913. Shows run for several weekends, beginning each May. This image is from a collection of scrapbooks, deposited with the California Room in 1975, by Mountain Play Association Director, Marion Hayes Cain.
- California Digital Library
- Contributing Institution
- Marin County Free Library
- Marin County Free Library. Anne T. Kent California Room
- Tamalpais, Mount (Calif.)--Mountain Play
Marin County (Calif.)--Mountain Play
Actors and actresses
Mountain Play Association (Mill Valley, Calif.)
Copyright status unknown. Some materials in these collections may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.). In addition, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by terms of gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Transmission or reproduction of materials protected by copyright beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners. Works not in the public domain cannot be commercially exploited without permission of the copyright owner. Responsibility for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Chicago citation style
- unknown. Scene from the 1927 Mountain Play, Gods of the Mountain, performed on Mount Tamalpais [photograph]. 1927. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://contentdm.marinlibrary.org/cdm/ref/collection/mtp/id/23. (Accessed December 14, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- unknown, (1927) Scene from the 1927 Mountain Play, Gods of the Mountain, performed on Mount Tamalpais [photograph]. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://contentdm.marinlibrary.org/cdm/ref/collection/mtp/id/23
- MLA citation style
- unknown. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://contentdm.marinlibrary.org/cdm/ref/collection/mtp/id/23>.