Jackson's Headquarters on New Orleans Battlefield
- View Full Item
Drawing of the plantation house that served as General Andrew Jackson's headquarters on the battlefield outside of New Orleans during the final phase of the War of 1812.
After the British forces landed south of New Orleans in late December 1814, General Andrew Jackson staved off the initial assault on the night of December 23. Afterwards, Jackson built a defensive line on the plains of Chalmette, a few miles south of the city of New Orleans. Jackson used the McCarty plantation house, depicted here, for his headquarters.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Standardized Rights Statement
- This Rights Statement should be used for Items for which the copyright status is unknown and for which the data provider has not undertaken an effort to determine the copyright status of the work.
- Chicago citation style
- Jackson's Headquarters on New Orleans Battlefield. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/bernhardt/id/90. (Accessed October 19, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Jackson's Headquarters on New Orleans Battlefield. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/bernhardt/id/90
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/bernhardt/id/90>.