People at a y-Walk party
- View Full Item
- Created Date
- circa 1989
Photograph shows men and women sitting at an outdoor table with drinks on it. They are probaby at D.B. Cooper's for a y-Walk party and are wearing y-Walk stickers on their clothes. The man in the middle is holding up both his hands with his fingers making the peace sign. The man to the right of him is holding his right hand up with his fingers making the hang loose sign. The men and two of the woman appear to be African American, the third woman may be a Mexican American.
"Executive Director Faith Rein (the top job had been renamed again) and President Sarah Janigian launched two annual events that heaped public attention on the association: the Y-Walk downtown in 1984, in which volunteers enlisted sponsors to raise money for YWCA programs; and TWIN, Tribute to Women and Industry, in 1985." From Fran Smith, "Breaking Ground: The Daring Women of the YWCA in the Santa Clara Valley, 1905-2005, " (2005), p.87.
- California Digital Library
- Contributing Institution
- San José State University, Special Collections and Archives
- Eating & drinking
African American men
African American women
Mexican American women
Young Women's Christian Association
- Copyright is assigned to the San José State University Special Collections & Archives. All requests for permission to publish or quote from this collection must be submitted in writing to the Director of Special Collections. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Special Collections & Archives. Copyright restrictions may apply to digital reproductions of the original materials. Use of digital files is restricted to research and educational purposes. For more information on copyright or permissions for this image, please contact San Jose State University Special Collections & Archives department. http://library.sjsu.edu/sjsu-special-collections/sjsu-special-collections-and-archives
- Chicago citation style
- Unknown. People at a y-Walk party. circa 1989. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://digitalcollections.sjlibrary.org/cdm/ref/collection/sjsuYWCA/id/594. (Accessed December 14, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Unknown, (circa 1989) People at a y-Walk party. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://digitalcollections.sjlibrary.org/cdm/ref/collection/sjsuYWCA/id/594
- MLA citation style
- Unknown. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://digitalcollections.sjlibrary.org/cdm/ref/collection/sjsuYWCA/id/594>.