Letter from R. L. Adamson (Los Angeles) to William Reinhardt, March 6, 1952
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Discussion about transferring the 2.5 CFS granted to the Union Pacific Railroad company from Well No. 1 to the shop well, and increasing the capacity of the well to produce that amount.
Attached are two copies of minutes of meeting of committee appointed to consider question of Railroad Company developing independent water supply from Shop Well at Las Vegas, Nevada, to supply water required for railroad facilities at that point. Meeting was held March 4, 1952. With reference to amount of appropriation of water which should be transferred from Well No. 1 in the water field to the Shop Well: Mr. Cory recommended that investigation be made to determine if the LA if so, he stated that Railroad Company could require the State to make transfer of the entire 2.5 CFS if it is decided to do so; if Railroad Company does not have vested right, then State Engineer would have authority over the transfer of any portion of the 2.6 CFS appropriation. Mr. Cory said he would determine question of our vested right and advise all concerned. It is my opinion that we should carefully consider the amount of appropriation we transfer to Shop Well. In event we should transfer entire 2.5 CFS and do not develop or put to beneficial use 2.5 CFS, then State Engineer would grant only that portion thereof that is actually put to beneficial use. In event Shop Well does not now produce the amount of appropriation we decide to transfer to it, Mr. Shamberger say* we would be allowed a reasonable period of time, up to three to four years, to develop this amount by reconditioning the well at its present location, or by plugging the Shop Well and drilling another well in the shop grounds at a suitable location. The priority date of appropriation of this new well would remain August 23, 1924, for production equal to amount transferred from Well No. 1 to present Shop Well. Any production above the transferred amount could be authorized under a new certificate and priority date as of date new well i* drilled. I believe State Engineer would question the necessity of transferring an appropriation considerably in excess of amount which would be put to beneficial use. In an effort to increase flow from Shop Well, the members of the Committee agreed that we should pull the pump on Shop Well, clean and swab it and make teat of production. Los Angeles, March 6, 1952 7334 CC - Mr. E. E. Bennett, Mr. Wm. Reinhardt: To my knowledge, Shop Well has not been worked upon since about 1954 or 1956. Division Engineer's forces will start this work the first part of next week. Mr. A. J. Scott, Plant Manager, P. F. E. Co., Las Vegas, stated that the P.F.E. preferred to continue purchasing water from the Railroad Company for the reason that charge for water now purchased is four cents per one thousand gallons, whereas price would probably be several times this amount in event Las Vegas Valley Water District should serve them. We will make further report R. L. Adamson
- Adamson, R. L
- Contributing Institution
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas, University Libraries
Nevada--Las Vegas Valley Water District
Nevada--Las Vegas Valley
- Las Vegas Valley (valley), Clark (county), Nevada , United States (nation)
- This material is made available to facilitate private study, scholarship, or research. It may be protected by copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity rights, or other interests not owned by UNLV. Users are responsible for determining whether permissions are necessary from rights owners for any intended use and for obtaining all required permissions. Acknowledgement of the UNLV University Libraries is requested. For more information, please see the UNLV Special Collections policies on reproduction and use (https://www.library.unlv.edu/speccol/research_and_services/reproductions) or contact us at email@example.com.
- Chicago citation style
- Adamson, R. L. Letter from R. L. Adamson (Los Angeles) to William Reinhardt, March 6, 1952. 1952-03-06. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://utah-primoprod.hosted.exlibrisgroup.com/primo_library/libweb/action/dlDisplay.do?vid=MWDL&afterPDS=true&docId=digcoll_unl_14hln/947. (Accessed November 14, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Adamson, R. L, (1952-03-06) Letter from R. L. Adamson (Los Angeles) to William Reinhardt, March 6, 1952. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://utah-primoprod.hosted.exlibrisgroup.com/primo_library/libweb/action/dlDisplay.do?vid=MWDL&afterPDS=true&docId=digcoll_unl_14hln/947
- MLA citation style
- Adamson, R. L. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://utah-primoprod.hosted.exlibrisgroup.com/primo_library/libweb/action/dlDisplay.do?vid=MWDL&afterPDS=true&docId=digcoll_unl_14hln/947>.