- View Full Item
- Created Date
Originally from Pepperell, Joseph Breck (1794-1873) came to Lancaster and became the superintendent of the Lancaster Horticultural Gardens, serving from 1833 to 1836. Breck was also a member of the state legislature, an author, and founder of the Breck Seed Company. This picture was taken c. 1871.
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date from item or accompanying materials.
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2001
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- Breck, Joseph, 1794-1873
- PhotographsPortrait photographs
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information. This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- Joseph Breck. 1871. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871m099. (Accessed December 12, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1871) Joseph Breck. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871m099
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871m099>.